84 Players Announced for SD HS All-Star Football Game, Vermillion, SD, July 9th
Vermillion is the new home to the SD HS All-Star Football Game, presented by Sanford in the DakotaDome, Vermillion, July 6th- game day July 9th. This is the first year that the game is outside of Aberdeen, where it has been for the last 30 years.
"We are so excited to have the SD High School All-Star Game be moved to Vermillion and we're honored to take on the challenge of taking this once in a life time experience to the next level!" said Nate Welch, Executive Director of the Vermillion Area Chamber and Development Company that won the bid for the All-Star Game back in November of 2015. "This game has nearly 30 years of history and alumni and we're looking at improving on the great work the community of Aberdeen did for nearly 3 decades."
Some of those improvements will be wiping out the $300 cost the athletes had to pay to play in this game. "Thanks to the great support of businesses in and around Vermillion, including our title sponsor, Sanford Health, the City of Vermillion, and the VCDC, these athletes will have a 'bowl game' experience - and for no cost to them!" Welch added.
Click here to read more!
Some of the All-Star ambassador team Ryan O'Toole, Austin Sparks, Khorey Kilgore and Spencer Stahly
IMPORTANT PLAYER INFORMATION
• Plan to arrive in Vermillion on Wednesday, July 6th, to check-in to USD dorms, 700 E. Cherry Street, Beede Hall between 11am-2pm. Watch this website for details of check-in location and further instructions.
• Medical information/papers: You will be receiving a medical information / liability release form sent to you in the coming months. Please fill it out and send back to us as soon as possible.
• See the game week schedule below: it provides the dates, times and events that you and your fellow All-Stars will be attending while you enjoy Vermillion. Keep an eye on this schedule, as some details are subject to change.
• Thanks to our various sponsors, players are not required to pay any fees to participate in the All-Star game: each player will receive their game jersey (souvenir with player's name on the jersey), a small gift package at check-in, a personal banquet ticket, meals, housing, and a souvenir copy of the game program.
• Items to bring with you:
• Your personal helmet, shoes, socks, supporter, shoulder pads, etc.
• Clothes to get dirty in
• Swimsuit (Wed. night pool-party)
• Spending money for concessions/vending machines on your personal time.
• Casual clothing, including a jacket in case of weather.
ALL-STAR RECOGNITION BANQUET
• The banquet will be held at to be held at Muenster University Center (MUC) Ballroom, 2nd floor, USD Campus. 300 block E. Cherry Street, at 6:30pm, with a program presentation of recognition to the players, teams, coaches and SDHSCA commission.
• (TBD), will be our featured guest speaker at the banquet.
• ALL-STAR Players/coaches will receive their banquet tickets: complimentary.
• Dinner menu-
• Bistro Chicken and Roasted Pork Loin
• Seasonal Fresh Fruit Salad and Garden Tossed Salad (2 dressings)
• Green Bean Amandine and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
• New York Style Cheesecake with Raspberry drizzle
• Lemonade and water
• Family, Alumni, fans are all welcome to attend the banquet. Tickets are $20/ Child/(under 18), and $25/ Adult ticket (prices will vary by dates)
• Banquet tickets must be purchased in advance. Last date to arrange pre-purchase tickets is June 30, 5pm
• To purchase banquet tickets 'click here'
GAME WEEK SCHEDULE
GAME TICKET INFORMATION
• All-Star Game will be played in the USD DakotaDome, Vermillion, SD on Saturday, July 9th, 1pm
• Tickets are general seating: price is $10/each To pre-purchase tickets click here
TWITTER/FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS to follow/post and connect with fellow All-Stars.
*ALL LISTED INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Please check this site frequently for the latest updates regarding the All-Star game and weekly events.
**If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tim Bellis firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 624-5571. Or Ryan O'Toole email@example.com.